Delhi University (DU) has invited online application form for Admission in UG (Under Graduate) and PG (Post Graduate).
Introduction To The Delhi University:
Delhi University (DU), is a public central university, located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly.
Delhi University main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and affiliated colleges. Consisting of three colleges, two faculties, and 750 students at its founding, the University of Delhi has since become India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world.
The university currently consists of 16 faculties and 86 departments distributed across its North and South campus.
It has 77 affiliated colleges and 5 other institutes with an enrollment of over 132,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students. The Vice-President of India serves as the University’s chancellor.
Candidates should have passed 12th from a recognized Government institution/university.
Delhi University (DU) 2018 Admission Important Dates:
|UG Form Start Date||:||15-May-2018|
|PG Form Start Date||:||18-May-2018|
|M.Phil Form Start Date||:||20-May-2018|
|Closing date of online registration||:||N.A.|
|First cutoff list release||:||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Second cutoff list release||:||First week of July 2018|
|Third cutoff list release||:||Second week of July 2018|
|Fourth cutoff list release||:||Third week of July 2018|
|Commencement of classes||:||Third week of July 2018|
|Closing date of admission||:||Second week of August 2018|
Delhi University (DU) Admission 2018: Eligibility Criteria
- The student who wants to take admission to the UG & PG courses offered by the University should have passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or recognized board minimum marks as specified for each of the programmes.
- There is no minimum age for admission to these UG & PG Courses.
- The Delhi University will have a common eligibility criterion for DU admissions 2018 for its affiliated colleges except St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College as they have been granted privileges of being minority colleges.
Delhi University (DU) Application Form 2018:
Mode Of Admission: Online
Through the Delhi University (DU) application form, candidates can apply for all the UG and PG courses offered by each college under the university, except two colleges i.e., St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College as they announce their individual online application form for UG admissions.
Delhi University (DU) Admission Procedure 2018:
- Online Registration: The candidates who want to get admission in UG and PG course merit-based first register through online registration.
- Cut-offs: The students are advised to check the centralized Admission Web Portal and respective college website for cut-offs for different UG and PG course.
- Selection of Colleges: The student who meets the required cut-off should log into the UG admission portal into their individual account and select the college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cut-off criterion.
- Verification of documents at Colleges: The student must take a print out of the admission form along with the list of required documents/certificates original and Xerox copy and then proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The college will check the certificates of the approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The original certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal.
- However, the colleges shall promptly return the document in case of student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counseling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of Admission fee: The student will be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options.
Registration Fee for Delhi University (DU) 2018 Admission:
|The registration fee for UR/OBC||:||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
|The registration fee for SC/ST/PwD||:||Rs. 75 (Non-refundable)|
|The registration fee for Sports||:||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for ECA||:||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-refundable)|
Final Words : Candidates can Add our Page (topsarkariresult) to their Bookmark to get the latest Alerts regarding the Exam & Result.
Candidates can write their Doubts, Queries & Suggestions in the Below Comment Box. We will try to give you Appropriate answer
You can find latest jobs, govt jobs and UPSC Jobs. We also give update information relate to latest sarkariresult and admit card.